Company Name :
Position Advertised : Assistant Farm Manager/2IC – Kilkenny
Job Description :
Company Bio :
How to Apply : Phone 0879982455
Closing Date : 15/11/2020
Assistant Farm Manager/2IC position available on a 550-cow grass-based dairy farm, located 10 minutes from Kilkenny city. Start date late November/early December.
Excellent farm facilities including 60-point rotary, auto-drafter, cubicles, group calving shed and excellent grazing infrastructure.
The successful candidate will be expected to take responsibility for specific aspects of farm management.
The successful candidate will:
- be an excellent stockperson: he/she will be experienced in all aspects of animal health, calving, breeding and milk quality
- be comfortable calving cows
- have excellent communication skills and the ability to work well as a part of a team
- take pride in their work environment - we value a clean and tidy farm
In return we offer:
- a well-staffed farm with excellent facilities in a great location
- an attractive roster with regular time off
- a high level of responsibility and autonomy, and varied work
- training and upskilling opportunities
- opportunity to work as part of a young and progressive team
- a good salary that reflects the level of responsibility associated with the role
For more information please phone 0879982455